Dr. Catherine Briere DVM, MS, DACVS
Dr. Briere was born and raised in Montreal, Province of Quebec in Canada. She received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Montreal with honors and graduated third in her class.
She then went on to complete an internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at Washington State University. After that, Dr. Briere completed an additional surgery internship at a private referral practice in Jacksonville, Florida.
In 2007, Dr. Briere completed her Masters of Science in Veterinary Medical Sciences at Louisiana State University. While there, she completed a residency in Companion Animal Surgery.
Dr. Briere became board-certified in 2009 by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- 2004-2007: Louisiana State University, Masters in Science in Veterinary Medical Services
- 1998-2002: University of Montreal, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Honors
- 2004-2007: Residency in Companion Animal Surgery Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- 2003-2004: Internship in Small Animal Surgery Affiliated Veterinary Specialists, Jacksonville and Orange Park, FL
- 2002-2003: Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Surgeons, 2009
Pain management: Dr. Briere strongly believes in providing aggressive pain management to her patients during the perioperative period. She has worked closely with veterinary anesthesiologists during her residency to become familiar with multimodal analgesia (pain control through different pathways at the same time) and various pain management techniques.
Areas of Expertise
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Shoulder Disease
- Surgery for Cranial Cruciate Ligament Disease (CCL Disease/Rupture)
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
- Lateral Suture with Crimps
- Oncologic Surgery
- Skin Reconstruction
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Surgical and Medical Management of Hip Dysplasia
- Triple Pelvic Osteotomy
- Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis (JPS)
- Femoral Head & Neck Ostectomy (FHO)