At Boston Veterinary Specialists, your pet has access to the highest level of care for orthopedic surgical procedures. Our surgery specialists have decades of combined experience and are known for going above and beyond for our clients.
- Diagnosis, medical management, and surgical treatment of lameness from Panosteitis to Osteochondritis lesions in the proximal and distal humerus, knee, and tarsal joint.
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament (CCL) repairs using Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA), Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO), and Lateral Tibio-Fabellar Suture Stabilization (Extracapsular).
- Correction of hereditary limb abnormalities, luxating patella, growth plate abnormalities, and injuries.
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery for medial coronoid process disease, osteochondritis dissecans, biceps tenosynovitis, and other joint procedures.
- Provides increased visualization, less post-operative pain, and shorter recovery time.
- Surgical care and management of hip dysplasia from puppyhood to adulthood
- Juvenile pubic symphysiodesis (JPS)
- Triple Pelvic or Double Pelvic Osteotomy (TPO/DPO)
- Femoral Head/Neck Ostectomy (FHO)
- Fracture Repair
- Closed repairs, casts and/or coaptation splints, internal fixation of complicated multi-fragment fractures requiring plates, screws, or bone grafts.
- Arthrodesis of carpal and tarsal joints due to irreparable injury or severe osteoarthritis.
While under our care for any surgical procedure, our team provides:
- 24-hour care, including monitoring of vital signs (heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature), diet, intake, and eliminations.
- Close monitoring during recovery by our veterinarians and nursing staff – pain medications and antibiotics are precisely administered and your surgeon’s specific instructions are followed at all times.
- Clean bedding and caring personal attention to your pet’s physical comfort and emotional well-being.
- Regular updates for you and your primary care veterinarian.